[GCFL-discuss] keep it a good clean group

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jun 16 10:13:47 CDT 2005

I do agree EVERYONE should be treated with respect....the strong should protect the vulnerable from abuse, in or out of Jail.  Every human being has value simply because they are a human with a soul.   I don't believe people are "better than or less than" anyone else.  One may be more educated, have wealth or power or looks, and be a model citizen, with no need to be in Jail,  but they still have a nature that can be selfish, prideful etc. none of us escapes these human weaknesses,  I believe these weaknesses or sins are a great equalizer,  and yet it is a beautiful thing when a human can rise above and consistently  discipline themselves to be productive members of society.   If they give into the vices that plague man they need to be removed from many of the pleasures that free men enjoy.  I do believe they should be exposed to programs like AA.,  vocational training  and things of that nature.  Certainly not unrestricted TV.  If they are un-teachable they need to be treated accordingly with greater restrictions, that they themselves have earned.  I'm glad I don't have the job of trying to run a prison.
Carla