[GCFL-discuss] The Big Ten - bring them on

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 27 22:02:54 CDT 2005

Alright, I have two things to say in this email. The first is just a random
commentary on the "Ten Commandments" string; The second is a prayer request.
This may or may not be an appropriate place to post a prayer request, but
seeing as though most of the people on this forum believe in God, I figured
I'd post it anyway.

Sialrys' statistics and info are a very sobering thought. I do not know the
stats for the US, but I have seen similar things up here in Canada. You
Americans may have laws about public prayer and such, which we don't, but we
have our own "cracks" in the Christian foundation that was laid down in our
own country. The United Nations officially declares Canada as a
non-Christian country. There are laws that state that gay or lesbian marrage
is legal. Please note, that I do NOT want to start a gay marrage/gay issue
debate here; I am merely stating the fact that it is legal in this country
and that it goes against the teachings of the Bible. If you want to know my
personal views, they are very simple: I follow the teachings of the Bible;
including the ones that state that gay/lesbian relationships are wrong. I
however, also follow the ones to love undiscriminately, and thus do not
condemn gay/lesbian people. I may not like their choices/lifestyles, but
that doesn't mean I can treat them like they are not people. (and yes, I do
have gay friends.)

Carla: I loved your comments on Siarlys' email. They were great. I coudln't
have said it better.

Might I suggest that we pray for our nations, as the Bible commands, on a
more regular basis? (I Tim 2:1-2: I urge, then, first of all, that requests,
prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and
all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all
godliness and holiness.)

Blessings,
Quama