[GCFL-discuss] HELP

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Mar 20 17:15:23 CST 2005

Frank, you wrote:

Hey everybody
I have been asked to talk a little on repentance tomorrow in church.
Does anyone have any stories or experiences you feel you could share, and
would let me maybe use in this talk.  It is mostly about the importance
of repenting.  I have my talk, but, thought maybe a real life example
would be good.
Thanks
Frank

I guess the last act I seriously repented of was failing to vote for Al
Gore in 2000. It's not that I have come to see anything especially good
about Gore. But it was selfish of me to pretend that George W. Bush would
do no more damage than Gore would. I spent the election feeling superior
to the whole process, writing it off as akin to a Japanese horror movie.
(Remember "Allosaurus vs. The Blob"? I called the 2000 election
"Anti-Christ vs. The Blob.")Gore was the Blob, because he has taken every
conceivable position on every conceivable issue in the course of his
political career. Bush, for obvious reasons, was the Anti-Christ. He
reminded me, and still does, of Damieon in OMEN III. I felt very cool to
distance myself from the liberals, but thousands of people have
needlessly died because I (and a million or so others) failed to
recognize that Bush was genuinely EVIL, while Gore was merely a fool. I
put my own pride above the good of my country and the world.

Well, that's my real life repentance story. I bet some other folks have
very different ones.