[GCFL-discuss] Re: [GCFL.net] Paddy Murphy

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 21 19:54:24 CST 2005

Jeanene, thanks for the clarification. I thought you were a woman, but
had to ask considering the wording of your question. It is true "guy" can
be "person," just as "adam" can mean "humanity in general."

As for goy and goyim, I was raised Protestant with a Jewish name in a
Catholic neighborhood. An uncle I never met on the Jewish side married a
French-Canadian Catholic, woman, who converted to marry him, and their
son (my first cousin) is on his third marriage, to an Italian-American
Roman Catholic woman, and HE converted to marry her. My mother finds the
whole story amusing. I guess I'm not too fazed by labels like that.

Siarlys

P.S. Let me just add for anyone who read otherwise -- I introduced the
term "goy" because I initially had a typo asking about "guy" -- Jeanene
didn't call herself goy or introduce the word at all. I was just making
light of the subject. In response, she said she is, but considers the
term insulting, which it would be if it were offered as an insult.