[GCFL-discuss] In the beginning...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Mar 29 20:48:41 CST 2005

Thanks Carla, you give me more credit than I am ready for. I don't know
that anyone is going to actually read the book, I just managed to put it
out there. But you are right, I do love to write, just as I love to run
my mouth on almost any subject. I always have two or three possibilities
partly written. I don't like to talk about work that I have yet to
deliver, but my focus now is on a review of Supreme Court cases relating
to religious expression. I like to come at things from unconventional
angles which set aside the usual polarization created in the media. A few
common sense approaches that are perfectly legal under current precedents
could solve all the school prayer and Christmas celebration issues very
easily. Well, that is for later. And anyway, I have to wait and see how
the latest Tem Commandments cases are resolved. Then I have a manuscript
on how American racial categories are purely mythical -- powerful myths,
but myths we could throw away anytime.