[GCFL-discuss] In the beginning...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Mar 30 21:44:50 CST 2005

Siarlys, I'm interested in how the Xlibris Publishing
Service works from a first hand author.  Can you explain
the process you went through to get your book published?
Can you tell us what percentage of the cost goes to you?

I've toyed with the idea of writing a book and Xlibris
sounds like a great option, but I wonder how many books I
would have to sell before actually making any money (not
that profit is the only motive, but it is a factor).
Also, what rights do you retain?  Can you later publish
with someone else?

As much information as you are willing to share about the
process would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

--
Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post
Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!