[GCFL-discuss] In the beginning...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Mar 30 22:45:41 CST 2005

I read more of the web page and found the answer to some
of my questions.  I'd still like to get the low-down from
Siarlys, but below are some answers...

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:44:50PM -0600, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> Can you tell us what percentage of the cost goes to you?

Royalties are 25% of sells from the web page (direct) and
10% from resellers.  Retail price is based on number of pages
and whether it is soft or hard cover.

> Also, what rights do you retain?  Can you later publish
> with someone else?

It seems the author retains all rights to the work and can
publish elsewhere at will.  There is no commitment to
Xlibris (besides the fees) that I can see from the
material on the web page.

Looks like the basic book is $600 (regardless of length)
and you pay more for the inclusion of images, tables,
index, cover art, etc.  There are $900 and $1600 packages
that include some or all of these.  Alterations cost
extra. Just about everything has a fee.

In all, it appears to be a nice service.  I hope Siarlys
will give us some personal feedback.

- John

--
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what
exactly are the others here for?

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!