[GCFL-discuss] Memorial Day

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue May 31 19:04:41 CDT 2005

I think that's awesome Siarlys.  Do you have a copy of the discharge papers?  Or does someone in your family?  If so, keep them!
Frank

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Why did the KKK try to burn his house down?
Jeanene

Siarlys wrote:
My great-great-grandfather from eastern Tennessee served in the United States army from 1861-1865. I don't know of a diary, but his discharge papers were signed by President Abraham Lincoln. I think his health was OK when he left the army but the Ku Klux Klan tried to burn his house down a couple of times in later years. He had some cousins who were veterans of attempts to invade the United States in 1862 and 1863, and I have heard that they kept shooting at each other for years after the war ended.

http://mail.yahoo.com