[GCFL-discuss] Let there be Satan...

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Nov 20 23:14:54 CST 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 06:21:06PM -0600, Siarlys wrote:
>    The second two sentences are irrefutable from any Christian
>    perspective...
>
>    The first sentence is a stretch. Of course sin by definition exists
>    because of misuse of free will, or more accurately, it IS the misuse
>    of free will. If Satan exists BECAUSE OF free will, then Satan was
>    called into existence by acts of human beings. That is an interesting
>    possibility to consider.

I believe angels were created by God, not any acts of man.
However, I admit there is much about the spiritual world
that I don't understand.

Don't angels (including Satan) have free will?  Isn't it
possible that Satan decided to rebel against God, and as a
result, became his enemy?

>    Satan, if there is such a being, almost had to be created originally
>    by God. That remains one of the great conundrums of Christian
>    theology.

If God can create people that decide to become good or
evil, couldn't the same be said for angels?

It's too bad we don't have more information about angels
and other things that existed before the earth.  Because
of the lack of information, we have to speculate on so
much.  Still, it's fun to ponder.

I still wonder if Adam had a belly button. :)

- JP

--
You read about all these terrorists: most of them came
here legally, but they hung around on these expired visas,

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!