[GCFL-discuss] Free Ebook: God's Debris by Scott Adams

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Nov 20 18:40:40 CST 2005

Not understanding this conversation. Do the words in a book have less
value
because the book was bought in a thrift shop rather than for full value
in a
book store?
Did the words or message somehow change...Second hand Rose

Dave

Dave, John was simply pointing out that I missed something in the
original posting: the book called God's Debris is available FREE on the
internet as an e-book, actually as an Adobe Acrobat file which takes less
than a minute to download. Once I noticed that, I downloaded it. So I
don't have to wait until it is old to buy it. I have started reading it,
and actually find it kind of boring. The blurb was much more exciting.
Its not bad, just not all that riveting or informative or inspiring. In
my opinion, seldom a humble one, but mine alone. Every reader is entitled
to their own.

As far as my original comments, no, the value of the words to a reader
are not less when the book is bought second hand, they just cost less. I
was just commenting on the fact that I seldom buy a book new, and find
old cheap books to be very good reading. Time seems to season them a bit,
like old wines. I don't drink wine, old or new, but so I've heard.