[GCFL-discuss] Could Katrina have been aborted?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Sep 8 08:53:45 CDT 2005

Siarlys
I was following a thread on a blog -- an argument regarding the religious
lessons to be learned from this disaster -- and they mentioned that the
levies that weren't upgraded did fine.  The levies that failed were fully
maintained and inspected -- ready and able to withstand anything a category
3 hurricane could throw at it.

But there is/was a tremendous amount of corruption down there.  It makes me
wonder if the levies failed BECAUSE they were maintained.

(Sorry, I don't have the link available.)

greenBubble