[GCFL-discuss] To give you a chuckle

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 12 09:18:32 CDT 2006

Carla
As Siarlys said, this eulogy has been around the block before, but thank
you, anyway.
I doubt that you thought of this, but your timing was exquisite.
Passover begins tonight (I heard that in Australia it's called ;-)
Passunder) and today is the day when we burn all the leftover leaven
that we still have.  So if Dough Boy was in my house today, I would have
had to cremate him!!

I'm glad he died peacefully.  RIP.

greenBubble

Subject: [GCFL-discuss] To give you a chuckle

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community.

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma
complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities
turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and
Captain Crunch.

The gravesite was piled high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the
eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much
he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later
life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart
cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a

little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a

positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough
and
Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven.  He is also survived by his
elderly father, Pop Tart.  The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20
minutes.

Carla