[GCFL-discuss] FW: Music 1936 vs 2006

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Dec 29 01:17:10 CST 2006

----- Forwarded message -----

MUSIC 1936 vs. 2006

You be the judge as to how far we've progressed in 70 years:

The Oscar winning song from 1936

"The Way You Look Tonight"
From: Swing Time (1936)
Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire

Music by Jerome Kern; lyrics by Dorothy Fields

Someday when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I will feel a glow
Just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight

Oh, but you're lovely
With your smile so warm
And your cheek so soft
There is nothing for me
But to love you
Just the way you look tonight

With each word
Your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh
That wrinkles your nose
Touches my foolish heart

Lovely, never ever change
Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it
'Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight

The Oscar winning song of 2006
"It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp"
from Hustle and Flow (2006)

Music (?) and Lyrics by Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul
Beauregard

You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
Will have a whole lot of b*t*hes talkin s**t (you ain't knowin)
(Academy Award show version) Will have a whole lot of witches jumpin
ship!

<snip> - I think you get the idea...

----- End forwarded message -----

jp

--
One time the power went out in my house, I had no lights.
Fortunately my camera had a flash. I went to make a peanut

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!