[GCFL-discuss] FW: Music 1936 vs 2006

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Dec 29 19:03:12 CST 2006

Children definitely learn from what they listen to. Picture a room full
of 6 and 7 year old girls cheerfully reciting in chorus "Turn yourself
around, while I watch that sexy body go bump, bump, bump." Not
seductively, not with a premature adult aura, innocently, childishly,
with cute little girl eyes and faces, like if it was fifty years ago they
could have been singing "This old man came rolling home." But, those are
the lyrics they hear, over and over, and they sing them. Oh, did I say
"picture"? I don't have to. I was there when they all looked up from a
cute summer craft project in the library to recite.

Siarlys

P.S. Its not just rap stars. I thought that the Ramseys should have got
life in prison for entering their daughter in those child beauty
contests, no matter who killed the little girl.

P.P.S. There is nothing inherently disgusting about the beat of rap
music. I've written some very clean lyrics myself. And there is such a
thing as gospel rap. Or as a teen afficinado of the entire range said "I
thought they were getting holy."

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:53:42 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies