[GCFL-discuss] The Pope and the President

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jul 28 07:35:09 CDT 2006

This reminds me of the story about a Catholic priest, a Protestant
minister and a Jewish rabbi who are out fishing. The priest remembers he
left his favorite lure on shore, steps out of the boat, and walks across
the lake to get it, returning the same way. Then the Protestant minister
remembers he left his lunch on shore, and goes to get it the same way.
The rabbi, after much prayer, decides to try it, and promptly sinks under
the water. The minister looks at the priest and asks "You think we should
have told them about the stumps?"

If Bush were to walk on water, I would know that Karl Rove had arranged
for stumps to be placed just under the surface, and for a large fan to
blow the Pope's hat into the river at just the right point in the trip.
Everything he does is phony, and scripted.