[GCFL-discuss] Various Laws, Rules, Corollaries, Etc.

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jun 29 08:46:06 CDT 2006

Frank those are all funny, and most of them true, but it went on so long
that I began to wonder if I had died and gone to hell, and had to spend
the rest of eternity scrolling down this endless list of corollaries...
I've often thought that hell would be driving at night down an endless
suburban street where I couldn't see much of anything, forever. A
computer screen could provide a similar effect.

Carla, I should probably follow greenBubble's example, who has wisely
stayed out of this discussion, since we are talking apples and oranges,
but some corollary on Frank's list probably explains why I can't. Tithing
is mandatory in Scripture for a specific time, place and purpose. Your
choice to tithe as an expression of your faith is most likely welcome to
God, although I am not authorized to speak with any certainty on the
subject. Most Bible verses can be read a number of ways, and the variety
of different churches expresses a small portion of the possibilities.
Frank's list probably explains that too. Or maybe something like "Our
personal understanding of what God is trying to tell us through the Bible
is inversely proportional to the number of gospel tracts we have read in
the past ten years"? If the spirit tells you it is the right thing to do,
go with it.