[GCFL-discuss] B. T. Is back

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Mar 30 08:42:21 CST 2006

Dear Jeanene,

We had this discussion about two years ago. You must have missed it. <No,
wait a mintue, last time you said anything about me, it was "he is a
thorn in my flesh." So this is all made up anyway -- no pun intended.> I
am 52, male (last time I checked), and have seldom in my life been
described as either handsome or pretty, although remaining well preserved
at my age seems to improve people's sense of me just a little, compared
to what else remains after so many years. (I have a photo of me at age 5
-- in 1959 -- that looks really cute, but my 5th grade photos were
awful). Siarlys is Cymric (Welsh) for Charles, which is, in fact, my
legal first name, as it was the first name of my grandfather, whose
mother was a woman of Welsh descent, whose father emigrated from
Llanwrtyd Wells to work in the coal mines of Pennsylvania. If you Google
"Siarlys," every response that is not me is from some web site or other
in Wales. Well, since I believe you have mentioned that you are a happily
married woman and proud mother of children, it can't be too great a
disappointment to have a pretty 28 year old woman disappear into thin
air. (I do have dark hair, but I don't let it grow too long).

Siarlys

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:57:12 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
> I am still stunned over this piece of information.  I have read it
every day
> since you sent it. I had you pictured at the start of this discussion
list based on the
> look  and sound of your written name as a pretty, 28 year old female
with
> long,b dark hair. Then I found out you were male. NOW you tell us you
are 52????
> NO WAY!  I can only change my perceptions once. In my book, you are
still 28 years old.  (And quite often, a good