[GCFL-discuss] Bush in the Desert

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed May 17 11:35:46 CDT 2006

My husband is an employer less than 90 miles from the US-Mexican border.  He
is required by law to have potential employees provide a minimum of US
government documents before they can be hired.  The men produce the
documents.  He hires them and they work.  Seems like all is well, doesn't
it?  Well, it's not.  When news gets around that there is a temporary border
patrol station set up along a route that his employees must travel, some
employees might choose to stay home or go to a different jobsite that day.
Isn't that a curiosity?  My husband has done the job the government requires
him to do -- he examines and documents the documents the potential employee
provides.  Who is supposed to police this matter of checking the documents
to make sure they are genuine?  It is surely not my husband's job -- he is
an employer, not a policeman.  And besides, the documents they provide
appear genuine.
When you say "focus on employers", which employers are you talking about?
The ones who follow the law?  Or those that hire and pay cash?  Or who?  Who
are these massive corporations you refer to?  Name them.  I think it is a
crime to pay someone less than they are entitled to.  Everyone deserves fair
compensation, no matter their citizenship.  People are people.
Jeanene
A child born with Hydranencephaly is one of Life's Little Miracles.
They live, laugh, and love -- all without a brain.
www.hydranencephaly.com