[GCFL-discuss] You Know You're From or In Pennsylvania If...

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu May 25 09:01:08 CDT 2006

Siarlys
Well said.  Short and to the point.  There's hope for you yet. ;-)

I just want to elaborate on your comment about New York City, where I
live.

	Except, in New York City, which is made up of literally five
counties, each county government is called a burough.

The boros (that's how WE spell it, even if my spell-checker doesn't
agree) aren't governments, they are places -- each containing and
contained in a county.  Manhattan, The Bronx, and Queens are Manhattan,
Bronx, and Queens respectively, but Brooklyn is Kings' County, and
Staten Island is Richmond County.   A friend once told me that he lives
in the borough of Wilkes-Barre, PA, and I asked him what city that was
in.

greenBubble

Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] You Know You're From or In Pennsylvania
If...

I can't believe this. Jeanene is ASKING my to comment on a subject?
(Where are the emoticons so I can put a friendly smile here, accepting
the joke in good humor?)

Siarlys

OK, here goes:

On Tue, 23 May 2006 16:11:18 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean