[GCFL-discuss] Remembrance (with a minor Correction)

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Sep 13 21:34:10 CDT 2006

Alice = no clue Siarlys. There's a comedian (Dr. Demento) who does a skit
that I have on MP3 called, "Boot to the head". And in it the guy is trying
to act pompous in front of the "ninja" master of Tiequon Leap (spelled
phonetically). The ninja's skill is "Boot to the head" and you hear this
thwack as the guy's kicked in the head. At one point our main character
challenges the master. And the master quotes some wise old sage. The main
character fires back, "The best defense is a good offense. You know who said
that? Mel the cook on Alice." That's all I know about it, sorry.
Lance

On 9/12/06, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List <
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

> I don't understand this Eagle. Are you saying that only half of those
> fighting were Americans, and the other half were aliens? My union veteran
> great-great grandfather had a brother in the confederate army.
>
> Siarlys
>
> P.S. The best defense is to have a complete copy of the orders for enemy
> troop movements, but the best offense is to find out what kind of whiskey
> General Grant was drinking and supply it to the other officers who aren't
> fighting hard enough to win.
>
> P.P.S. What or who is this "Alice" anyway? I don't watch much TV.
>
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:07:08 -0500 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
> List" <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> writes:
> > It is that time of year when we must remember
> > the day more Americans died than any other single day in our
> > history
> >
> > September
> >         17
> >                         1862
> >
> > The Battle of Sharpsburg
> >
> > Around 3000 American soldiers fell
> > in a single day of fighting.
> >
> > About the same number of equally
> > brave previous Americans
> > served with equal dedication in
> > Defense of the land they called home.
> > May God bless us every one.
> >
> > Eagle
> >
> > PS.  Remember "the best defense is a good offense."

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...