[GCFL-discuss] Fw: [GCFL.net] Mensa Convention

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jul 2 21:16:53 CDT 2007

That was truly excellent.

I was given 4 IQ tests between the ages of 5 and 18, which are more or
less evenly distributed on a range from 70 to 140. I once worked with a
woman who had been invited to join Mensa. She was crazy as a loon,
literally the most irrational person I have ever met who was capable of
functioning in adult society without supervision and restraint.

What could be more boring than hanging out with a bunch of people who are
fixated on their score from some standarized test? Its the intellectual
equivalent of navel contemplation. The waitress's solution passes the
Occam's razor test, the Mensa solution does not.