[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jul 16 16:16:34 CDT 2007

This is weird.
I got Jeanene's response to Siarlys's question this morning (10:59AM)
but had not seen Siarlys's email.  His email just arrived at 5:09PM.

greenBubble

Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center

Why don't I go since I still live in AZ?  Well, Siarlys, Arizona
comprises
about 114,006 square miles and is roughly 400 miles long and about 310
miles
wide.  That's an awful big piece of land to wander around in, wouldn't
you
say?  And Punkin Center is on a small highway that leads from a busy
state
highway in the middle of the state to a podunk town called Globe out in
the
middle of nowhere.  Lake Roosevelt happens to be on that road.  Since I
no
longer go to the Lake, I don't pass by there.  Besides, Punkin Center
held
nothing much back then and still does it's best to maintain status quo.
We
didn't go down that road when I was a kid to go to the lake, because my
family wasn't a lake kind of family.  We don't fish, boat, or ski.  We
went
there to take friends and visitors to see the Roosevelt Dam.  Until
recently, you drove right across the dam!  It was exciting!
I have no idea how Punkin Center got its name.  I'll ask my dad later
today.
He's a native and knows a LOT about this land.
Jeanene