[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jul 16 16:36:49 CDT 2007

Crazy Green! I have had such things happen before we well, though the only
answer I can think of is "That's just the wacky world of the internet".
I once made a call confirming my e-mail was recieved for a cancelation, the
guy replied he had already replied, so I sent him an e-mail when I recieved
his e-mail 3+ hrs later. WOW

Lance

On 7/16/07, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List <
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

>  This is weird.
>
> I got Jeanene's response to Siarlys's question this morning (10:59AM) but
> had not seen Siarlys's email.  His email just arrived at 5:09PM.
>
> greenBubble
>

> Subject: Re: [GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center
>
> Why don't I go since I still live in AZ?  Well, Siarlys, Arizona comprises
>

> about 114,006 square miles and is roughly 400 miles long and about 310
> miles
>
> wide.  That's an awful big piece of land to wander around in, wouldn't you
>

> say?  And Punkin Center is on a small highway that leads from a busy state
>

> highway in the middle of the state to a podunk town called Globe out in
> the
>
> middle of nowhere.  Lake Roosevelt happens to be on that road.  Since I no
>

> longer go to the Lake, I don't pass by there.  Besides, Punkin Center held
>

> nothing much back then and still does it's best to maintain status quo.
> We
>
> didn't go down that road when I was a kid to go to the lake, because my
>
> family wasn't a lake kind of family.  We don't fish, boat, or ski.  We
> went
>
> there to take friends and visitors to see the Roosevelt Dam.  Until
>
> recently, you drove right across the dam!  It was exciting!
>
> I have no idea how Punkin Center got its name.  I'll ask my dad later
> today.
>
> He's a native and knows a LOT about this land.
>
> Jeanene

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...