[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Punkin Center

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Jul 17 22:27:43 CDT 2007

http://www.texasescapes.com/MikeCoxTexasTales/Punkin-Center.htm

http://www.pcgenweb.com/pcgs/twnshp/calumet.htm#Punkin%20Center
The amount of historical information available about
Punkin Center is as slight as the "town" itself. Punkin
Center was at one time an old tollgate in Calumet
township, located between Paynesville and Annada. It
received its name from some of the people in the
neighborhood who lovingly referred to the tollgate that
way. The name stuck, however, the tollgate did not, and by
1981 Punkin Center was no longer on the map.

jp