[GCFL-discuss] Vacation Bible School and your kids

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jun 7 22:07:58 CDT 2007

Every year my husband and/or I work at our church's Vacation Bible School and send our kids to VBS.  And every year right after it we are exhausted and can't for the life of us think of doing it again the next year.  After a little rest and relaxation (and good sleep!) we realize how good it was and what a difference it makes in the lives of the children who attend.  So we are buzzed about it the next year and volunteer all over again!  I have great memories of VBS as a child, and my children get to experience the very same things.
This year, our church has again registered our limit of K-6th graders, not counting the Preschool Program because that is only for the worker's children, and have almost the same amount of adult/teenage workers.  We hate to turn kids away, but it happens every year.
If you guys have kids ages 3-12 or so, I highly recommend that you find a Vacation Bible School in your area and take your kids to it.  No matter what they charge, it is worth it!  My favorite publisher of VBS materials is GROUP and their VBS program this year is called Avalanche Ranch.  If any church near you has that one, GO!!  It is a fantastic program that grabs kid's attention with videos, great songs, crafts and snacks that have meaning, good Bible lessons that you won't forget, and I could go on and on.
Well, that's enough from me about VBS!
Jeanene