[GCFL-discuss] Vacation Bible School and your kids

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 18 16:21:48 CDT 2007

Siarlys wrote:
It is hard to follow in European translations, because Adam is mistaken
for a proper name, and the words Adam and Ish are freely interchanged as
"man" either in singular or plural.

I think he is saying that "Adam", as used in the beginning of Genesis,
is a noun describing a man or mankind, but is not a name.  If so, I have
to qualify that statement.  There are verses where the reference is to
"the Adam" in which case I would agree with Siarlys.  Other places,
where it is not prefixed with "the", such as Gen 5:1,2 it is probably
referring to mankind.  But in Gen 5:3-5 It clearly is referring to him
personally.  And in 3:17,21 I think it is used as his name, but that's
an opinion.

greenBubble

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you