[GCFL-discuss] UK chooses 'most ludicrous laws'

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 7 22:29:23 CST 2007

Siarlys,
I am confident that no law was ever written idiopathically*.
What I would really like is for you to research them all and tell me why
they were originally written.  I found your revelations to be fascinating.
Keep going!
I was born in Texas, but moved away when I was only 5.  I returned for 3.5
years of college.  I was dumbfounded one Sunday morning to find that my
local grocery store could not sell me any pantyhose due to a "blue law".  I
had never heard of such a thing!  I grew up in Arizona where the only law
forbidding something to be sold was alcohol after 2am or something like
that!  And imagine my embarrassment as a 16 year old going to church sans
nylons.  I was mortified.  And I also learned a good lesson -- always have a
spare pair in ready.
Jeanene

*  Yes, I know idiopathically is a medical term.  I simply don't know what
the right word is linguistically.  Drat!