[GCFL-discuss] FW: [GCFL.net] Lesson in Marketing

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Oct 25 10:40:12 CDT 2007

OH! I knew I recognized Moishe from commercials, but I wasn't sure where
from. And then when they said the brothers I really figured I didn't have a
clue who (I thought was famous) name. Thanks for the explanation everyone!!
Lance (hey hey, I actually signed this time! (dork))

On 10/25/07, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List <
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

>  This is an old Jewish joke, which sounds  much better in Yiddish.  The
> way I heard it, is that they are standing outside a large church, on
> opposite sides of the entrance, one wearing Hassidic garb, and the other in
> a priest's habit, with collar.  Everyone comes by, gives the rabbi a dirty
> look and gives a donation to the priest.
>
> The pastor of the church comes out and points out that the rabbi is kind
> of out of place. At which time the "rabbi" says to the "priest", in Yiddish,
> "Er zugt uns vi azoi tsu machen a geshesft. ("He's telling us how to run our
> business.")
>
> greenBubble
>

> Subject: [GCFL.net] Lesson in Marketing
>
> Lesson in Marketing
>
> Two beggars are sitting side by side on a street in Rome -
>
> one has a cross in front of him; the other one the Star of
>
> David. Many people go by, look at both beggars, but only put
>
> money into the hat of the beggar sitting behind the cross.
>
> A priest comes by, stops and watches throngs of people
>
> giving money to the beggar behind the cross, but none to the
>
> beggar behind the Star of David. Finally, the priest goes
>
> over to the beggar behind the Star of David and says, "My
>
> poor fellow, don't you understand? This is a Catholic
>
> country; this city is the seat of Catholicism. People aren't
>
> going to give you money if you sit there with a Star of
>
> David in front of you, especially when you're sitting beside
>
> a beggar who has a cross. In fact, they would probably give
>
> to him just out of spite."
>
> The beggar behind the Star of David listened to the priest,
>
> turned to the other beggar with the cross and said: "Moishe,
>
> look who's trying to teach the Goldstein brothers about
>
> marketing."
>
> Received from Charlie Luchessa.
>
> --
>
> Rate this funny at
>
> *http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20071024*<http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20071024>
>
> Brought to you by GCFL.net: The Good, Clean Funnies List
>
> A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)
>
> Mail address: GCFL, Box 100, Harvest, AL 35749, USA
>
> Go to *http://www.gcfl.net/mlfrontend.php*<http://www.gcfl.net/mlfrontend.php>to change your
>
> subscription options or unsubscribe.
>
> To print or email this funny to others, go to
>
> *http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20071024*<http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20071024>
>
> The latest GCFL funny can always be found on the web at
>
> *http://www.gcfl.net/latest.php* <http://www.gcfl.net/latest.php>

> This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
> Solutions
> and are intended only for the addressee(s).
> The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged
> or
> otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
> printing,
> copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
> [...]

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...