[GCFL-discuss] Evil

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Apr 27 20:42:11 CDT 2008

Well Jeanene, I can't say the comic made me think, but it did make me
laugh. It spoke to me, because it expressed a viewpoint I could
understand. I will be looking up your comments at the next opportunity.
It will be interesting to see if I can recognize which ones are yours,
unless you signed them "Red," which would make it obvious. Your "Red"
comments will no doubt be a marked contrast to the contributor who signed
himself as "Joe Stalin" and was shown up as a fraud because he suggested
mixing vodka and tonic.

I tried to think about what serious truth underlies the cartoon, and came
up with this:

There is no evil that the hand of man has not committed in the name of
God.

There is also no evil that the mind of man has not justified by denying
the presence of God.

By the way, we agree that "Christian" and "Catholic" are not the same
thing. However, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims and probably even
Hindus can all agree on the definition of "atheist."

Siarlys

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:37:29 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies