[GCFL-discuss] today's SR-71 funny

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Aug 25 20:14:08 CDT 2008

I love it, too and I only met it today!  It was a SUPER FAST spy plane that took LOTS of high resolution pictures and was decommissioned in 1989.  I wonder if there are some at the Davis Monthan Air Force base or the Pima Air and Space Museum boneyards near us.  Hmmm.  I would really like to see one up close.  Too bad I never got to see one fly.  The most exciting thing I have ever seen in the air (with my naked eyes) was the space shuttle being carried on the back of a GIGANTIC airplane.  It flew low over the I-10 freeway here in Tucson while I was driving (I pulled over and STARED) and landed out at the Air Force Base for some reason.  I never knew they were transported...

Thanks for the info about the fuel tanks.  WOW.

My son (PFC Joseph Headlee, USArmy) is an operator of a couple of the military's unmanned aerial vehicles (spy planes).  Their resolution is amazing as well, but they fly fairly low.  I think they are cool.  I have seen several of them and they are quite small.  They have a payload in addition to the camera.  He will be deployed in February to Iraq.

Jeanene