[GCFL-discuss] Prodigous!

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Aug 29 20:03:05 CDT 2008

The SUBJECT line is for those who have seen the movie, October Sky.

I though Barack Hussein Obama's acceptance speech was excellent.

There are only two things I would have added:

Are you better off than you were eight years ago?

and a reminder that

Eight years ago, the United States of America had a balanced budget, and
was on the edge of paying off its national debt for the first time since
the 1920s. Today, we have a national debt of 9 trillion dollars, and
unlike previous debts, it is not primarily held by U.S. banks and
patriotic American citizens purchasing U.S. Savings Bonds, it is held by
the National Bank of China, several oil-rich middle eastern kingdoms, and
several Japanese and European banks.

Siarlys

P.S. Go ahead, Jeanene, say something provocative.