[GCFL-discuss] Prodigous!

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Aug 29 21:09:46 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 08:03:05PM -0500, Siarlys wrote:

> Are you better off than you were eight years ago?

Yes, I am actually.

> Eight years ago, the United States of America had a balanced budget, and
> was on the edge of paying off its national debt for the first time since
> the 1920s.

In May 2000, the debt was $5.7 trillion.  I wouldn't call
that "on the edge."

reference:
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/05/01/clinton.debt/

"War sucks and it costs a lot."

jp

--
Sleep is good. It'll keep you from going psychotic.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!