[GCFL-discuss] Dull

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jan 18 10:56:41 CST 2008

Regarding abortion, it shouldn't be limited to pregnancy.  I have a 15 year old and it should be legal to take him out.  Why give me a tiny little window when I don't know yet what life will be like with that baby?  Now that I know this irritating, damaged, oppositional child, I should have the choice to "abort" him now.

Bishop?  I have never had one.  I don't know what the heck religion they are in -- Catholic?  Mormon?  Church of England?  Anglican?  Greek Orthodox?  Episcopalian?  I don't even know their function.  I was raised in a Baptist home.  Under God, the Pastor is the boss in an Independent Baptist church.

There is no way on earth that the US will elect a black man or a woman to the presidency in 2008 UNLESS there are more voters in their 20s than I am aware of.  My own two "adult" children (23,19) are far more liberal than their father and I ever feared possible.  How can they not be conservatives like their parents?  I am only now realizing that things like politics and opinions must be DISCUSSED as a family and not just acted out in our lives.  I guess I figured that my children would be aware of what was important to their dad and I by our opinions and where we spent our money and our time, and would behave and think along the same lines.  We didn't have nearly as much influence on them as I thought we would.  Just to throw a kink in the works, maybe it's because they are ours by adoption and in nature vs nurture, nature has more sway.  I will say that I am very disappointed in their political choices and views.  And I can only pray that neither one will "get out and vote" this year.

And why did our community lose Columbus Day to have it replaced with an MLK,Jr Day?

Jeanene
NOW I will go and read the blog that is supposed to generate some discussion.