[GCFL-discuss] Dull Abortions

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Jan 19 23:58:22 CST 2008

I would still like a legal way to make the 15 year old no longer alive.
Those are hateful words, but we are at our rope's end with this child.  He
is on a waiting list for a children's home in our state.  His attachment
disorder and its symptoms are overwhelming us and our immediate family.  I
am ashamed of my inability to have "fixed him" or loved him "all better".  I
made light (sort of, but not really) my intense negative feelings for him
right now and shouldn't have brought him up at all.  He came to us broken
and damaged and he (like Humpty Dumpty) can't be put together again.  I
still have hope that once HE decides to work on healing, he will be
successful.  I pray that day comes sooner than later for him.

I am pro-life, but I don't prejudge someone based on their views of
abortion.  You are right, there are so many more important things.  The way
I deal with being pro-life is to make sure that I am in the position to:  1.
care for (and adopt) the babies and children that are mistreated, abused,
inconveniently conceived, or unwanted.  2. contribute to organizations that
make a difference in the lives of children and ones that educate women/girls
about the hazards of unprotected sex.  3. befriend/encourage women who have
been affected by their abortion and/or adoption experience.

Regarding making a candidate's appeal to me based on his/her stance on the
abortion issue is a ridiculous thing!  I prefer to look at their ability to
affect my life and the lives of others in my country.  I firmly believe that
a (wo)man with integrity and a moral compass that is not broken is one of
the top things I look at.  I must depend on the media for information, so
who knows how faithful and honest and upstanding a person REALLY is.  Only
God can look at the heart.  I must depend on their reported actions and
attitudes.  I would NOT have voted for JFK based on his womanizing, no
matter what good he might have done for the US.  He was an unrepentant
adulterer and could not be trusted to make the best decisions for the
citizens of the US and the world.

As an aside, at this point in my life I cannot imagine EVER voting for a
woman.  I do NOT want a female president.  And I especially don't want
Hillary Clinton in any form of leadership.  I would have moved out of NY had
I lived there when she was elected.  She is scary.
Jeanene