[GCFL-discuss] William Bronner Burgess

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jan 23 08:54:44 CST 2008

Rick Burgess is Rick of the Rick and Bubba Show
(http://www.rickandbubba.com).

Memorial Services for Bronner Burgess
By Jennifer Hale
http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2008-01-22-0016.html

Almost four thousand people turned out Tuesday to say
their final farewells to the young son of a local radio
host.

 Rick Burgess and his family held a public memorial
service for their two-year-old son William Bronner Burgess
at Shades Mountain Baptist Church.  Bronner drowned in the
family pool Saturday night.

 Tuesday's service was anything but typical. It was
emotional, but likely in a way not many people expected.
Rick Burgess spoke through most of the ceremony. He didn't
share many personal memories or stories about his son.
Instead Burgess challenged people to honor Bronner by
changing their lives and strengthening their Christian
faith. He also encouraged people who weren't Christians to
become dedicate their lives to Christ right there on the
spot. After the service, people like David DuBose
described it as the most moving message they'd heard in a
long time.

 "It absolutely inspired me. It's a rededication in my own
life to Christ - as well as to tell my child how important
it is everyday to live your life for Christ," says DuBose.

 Burgess also publicly pledged to change his priorities.
He says he plans to step up his own public ministry
efforts in the future. Friends predict it's a promise
Burgess will honor.

 "The Birmingham area and this nation are going to see a
different Rick Burgess. A man who his entire focus is
going to change," says Jonathan Womelsdorf.

John Price
GCFL Director

--
Today I met with a subliminal advertising executive for
just a second.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!