[GCFL-discuss] Teenage Rules

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Nov 15 19:32:40 CST 2008

I think mine was the first generation that had any CHOICE about whether
to get a job after turning 14 or so. World War II had pulled the country
out of the depression, work didn't take every waking hour not used for
meals or church activities, a new concept called "leisure time" had
appeared, and while our parents were enjoying the novelty, we thought we
were endowed with it by the American Revolution, if not the Fall of the
Roman Empire. So this is kind of funny, now that I'm 54.