[GCFL-discuss] our vote

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Oct 11 22:59:52 CDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:39:33 -0400 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Just thought I'd mention,  my family and I will be voting for John McCain
and Sarah Palin,  as well as all my friends.
Carla
My deepest sympathies Carla. I can't remember a year when my family and
all my friends voted the same way. As in 2004, I have been thrilled,
amused and proud to note that there is nowhere in the county I drive
around where anyone could step out their front door without recognizing,
oh, some of my closest neighbors are voting the opposite way from me.
There might be two or three yards in a row with McCain signs, then two or
three with Obama signs, or one of each on the same block. The elderly
Polish couple who wanted an Obama sign are right across the street from a
McCain sign. Its true in prosperous suburbs, its true in older working
class neighborhoods, its true in neighborhoods in between. Some have a
greater concentration one way or the other, but none are 100%. I
appreciate that. It is one feature that keeps our nation stable. Winners
have to recognize that 40-49% of their fellow citizens did NOT support
them. There is a great deal I deplore about the severe damage George W.
Bush has done to my country, but I can't resent the people who voted for
him: a whole bunch of them are good friends of mine. I was talking to my
neice on the phone a month ago, and she said with awe "Even GRANDMA is
voting Democratic this year." She was talking about my mother. Mom is
voting for Obama because she observes "There is not one conservative left
in Washington." She means fiscal conservative more than any other, the
kind that balance the budget and pay bills as we go rather than borrowing
endlessly. That used to be a Republican position, but in the past thirty
years, only Democratic administrations (and darn few of them) have
accomplished it. She also means the kind of conservative who practice
limited government, not the kind who want government intruding into their
neighbors' personal lives in all kinds of ways. My mother has little
patience with social workers, and neither do I. But some of HER friends
are voting for McCain too. I won't begin to tell you what mom thinks of
Palin -- definitely not my mother's kind of Republican.

Love Graphic Design? Find a school near you. Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oLKlATjKyM4yuVb98LAAtaAB39hnp93JUee2EthDKOYRUyo/