[GCFL-discuss] Bob and Brian

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Oct 12 19:25:57 CDT 2008

It has been well and truly said that if you have to explain a joke, it
wasn't funny in the first place. However, if it is worth your while to
ask, I must try to answer, since I offered the ad as a subject of humor
in the first place.

I believe the point of the ad is simply to publicize the radio station
and entice people to listen to it, like any other radio station
billboard. They are trying a humorous twist on the election season, just
like Saturday Night Live and Conan the Librarian do. (OK, what's that
guy's name on the night-time show? Conan something.) Apparently -- I
don't listen to the station -- these DJ's have a rep on the air of being
bad guys or troubled men, so someone in the PR department thought this
would be funny. I did too, but it probably won't induce me to listen to
the station. The kind of humor which reminds us not to take the elections
TOO seriously is always in order.

Siarlys

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:48:54 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
What's the point of the ad?
~Lance

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies