[GCFL-discuss] Voting

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Sep 5 22:28:02 CDT 2008

If I ever get an election day when I am not scheduled to work, which is
more likely if I ever get back to working freelance, I would be happy to
do that kind of poll work. Right now I never seem to be available.

In Wisconsin, Accu-View machines are not acceptable. We fill out paper
ballots and feed them into a machine that does automatic counting. IF
there is a question, the paper ballots can be hand counted, and this was
done a couple of years ago when the vote totals didn't match the number
of voters recorded. Also, when you feed the paper into the machine, you
know what your choices were. You can get up to two more ballots if you
mess up the first one, but the messed up ones must be destroyed of
course.

Siarlys

P.S. Since Arizona has a Democrat for governor, it seems there must be a
significant number of her party in the state, plus a few Republicans who
like her for some reason. Did I mention the woman I met with the Obamacan
t-shirt? I am not a Democrat, for the record, because its liberals and
social workers who inflicted the mentality on too many Americans that
inspired them to vote for the likes of Gingrich and Bush. You could call
me a Constitutional New Deal Libertarian, but labels don't stick to me
very well. I believe that government needs to stay out of individual
decisions, and needs to tightly regulate corporations, with extensive
legal rights for employees of employers.