[GCFL-discuss] who was president 12:01 pm yesterday

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jan 23 20:46:46 CST 2009

I think its not only moot, but boring and irrelevant. I'm also not sure
its true. It is equally likely that George W. Bush was president until
Barack Obama took the oath of office, or that Barack Obama became
president at 12:01 am, with or without the oath, or that America had no
president for a couple of minutes. Also, remember that the Secretary of
State is in line for the presidency AFTER the Speaker of the House and
the President Pro Tem of the Senate. (That's the error Al Haig put his
foot in his mouth over, when Reagan was shot and Haig announced "I am in
charge as of now..." He wasn't.) So if anything, it wasn't Condoleeza
Rice who was president, it was Nancy Pelosi. Now that is a nightmare to
frighten anybody!

I heard a much better speculation though:

George Bush should have resigned around January 1, which would make
Cheney president, then Cheney should nominate Condoleeza Rice to be vice
president, and once she was confirmed, Cheney should also resign. THEN,
the first black woman president would indeed have been a Republican.

Siarlys

P.S. What does ROFL stand for?