[GCFL-discuss] Fw: [GCFL.net] Bluenecks: Northerners (Opposite ofRednecks)

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 10 20:29:44 CST 2009

Lance is currently losing his mind.
I lost my job last month. Started getting unemployment only to get a call
today to tell me UB filed me as fired for *** reasons and I had put laid off
because they had told me they were going to let me get Unemployment. So I
apologized to the lady. Explained everything and answered all of her
questions. She said UB has no right to say whether or not I can get
Unemployment and it's up to them to reply to her call now... Else she makes
a decision with what info she has. I'm very scared of the position I'm in. I
wasn't making much, barely enough to survive on. I now make even less with
Unemployment, but hey don't go anywhere you can't spend any money. But now
the threat of losing that is here and having to pay back the 3 checks is
scaring the hell out of me as I don't have that kind of money floating
around... I'm in a rock and a hard place. And I don't know what to do. All I
can do is pray until I hear something Friday. Lord save me please.

~Lance

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
<gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

> Hi Jeanene,
>
> So, we finally have some conversation going again. Where is Lance?
>
> I've heard the word "pocketbook" but my mother called her's a purse. By
> the way, we just celebrated my mother's 80th birthday, the closest thing
> to a family reunion our family is likely to have. A cousins I haven't
> seen in 35 years turns out to have a mother-in-law about two miles from
> where I live.
>
> Gumband? I'm not sure what that is. But people from Europe can get
> Americans quite confused asking for a rubber -- meaning what we call an
> eraser.
>
> Barbecue was originally a Carib Indian word for cooking a dead Arawak
> after a battle.
>
> Actually, in England they say Woostershur.
>
> Oh, I get it, a moon pie is an oversized som'mor made by someone other
> than a girl scout. I don't like marshmallows unless they are melted over
> rice krispies. Graham crackers I can take or leave, but I'd rather just
> eat the chocolate. Did I mention how many kids throw away boxes of
> perfectly good graham crackers from their school lunches at the pumpkin
> farm where I was doing tours last month?
>
> Diet sodas cause alzheimer's. Pure sugar is better for your health.
>
> Your experience with boiled okra matches mine. I'm too grossed out by
> seeing it on my plate to even consider fried in corn meal.
>
> I took my niece Emma to a children's zoo in the Bronx. When we got to the
> live chickens running around in pens, I said "Oh look, that's where fried
> chicken comes from." She said something like "Eeuuuuuu." My friend Renee
> remembers her late grandmother saying "It's all in the wrist." (That's
> when you grab a live chicking and break its neck before plucing out all
> the feathers and removing the guts). Seriously John, do you live on a
> farm where you do stuff like that, or do you live in a nice city house
> with a lawn around it and buy your chicken at Winn-Dixie?
>
> Yeah, I have one of those little cans of oil that drips it out a narrow
> spout too. My mother kept hers in a sewing machine, but I don't have one
> of those. I keep it on a shelf.
>

> Fort Hood: Seriously, I think this kind of incident is showing up the
> sheer idiocy of fighting a war by rotating people in and out of the
> battle zone, coming back to a civilian culture that barely knows there is
> a war on, then going back to the battle zone again. If we're going to go
> to war, everyone able-bodied goes, for the duration, get it over with,
> then come home, and stay home. Meantime, all the civilians put "normal"
> life on hold, work extra hours, buy war bonds, pay whatever taxes it
> takes to supply the troops with whatever they need, and recycle
> everything for the war effort. If the war is truly endless, everyone
> able-bodied goes, spends two years or three or whatever it takes, and
> once you come home, you're out of it, unless you go career military.
> [...]

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...