[GCFL-discuss] The Poll Taker

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jun 25 19:48:33 CDT 2010

It is a requirement for the job. That's why it's such a HUGE deal.
Unless Siarlys turns my understanding upside down...
~Lance

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
<gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

> Are you still happy with Obama? All parties aside, I don't understand
> why he won't prove his citizenship (unless he has something to hide).
> In fact, I don't understand why that's not a requirement for the job.
> The way I read the constitution, it should be.
>
> - John
>

> On 6/24/10, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List
> <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:
> > Someone called me on the phone today and wanted to ask a few questions.
> >
> > I insisted on knowing who she was calling for.
> >
> > She told me: the Scott Walker for Governor campaign. (He's a Republican).
> >
> > OK, I was willing to answer a few questions.
> >
> > I told her in a race between Walker and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, I
> > was having a hard time committing myself to vote for either one. That was
> > a little white lie. I am not inspired by Tom Barrett, but he's done a
> > competent if uninspiring job of running Milwaukee, and there is NO WAY I
> > would ever vote for Scott Walker.
> >
> > For her purposes, that made me an undecided voter. I hope it makes them a
> > little overconfident.
> >
> > Then she asked how I usually vote. I told her, with complete honest,
> > usually Democratic, and, to be perfectly clear, I added "Not because the
> > Democrats are that good, but the Republicans are generally worse. I know
> > there are some good Republicans out there, but they're not running for
> > office."
> >
> > Its not the first time I've said that, its a common observation when I
> > talk to people of known Republican loyalties.
> >
> > She cooly thanked me for answering her questions. We wished each other a
> > good day.
> >
> > Siarlys

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...