[GCFL-discuss] The Poll Taker

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Jun 26 08:35:23 CDT 2010

Hi Lance,

I'm trying to get a reading on what Randy is like. There are plenty of
crimes that can be legitimately laid at the Republican Party's door, but
the Democrats, in my seldom humble opinion, had a lot to do with enabling
those crimes. I wouldn't devote one minute or donate one dollar to stop
my state legislature from licensing same-sex couples, if a majority of
voters elected a legislature willing to do so, but I've offended all
kinds of people presenting analysis that this is simply NOT a
constitutional issue. Incidentally, the judge who issued an injunction
against the federal moratorium on drilling new wells made the same error
-- he's substituting his own discretion for that of the Interior
Department, which is not a judge's role either.

Insisting that marriage is what it is, is not what I mean by a "crime"
either. Making it the signature issue of the age, when its really
something of a side issue, is a way of covering for more serious crimes,
like using a budget surplus to "cut taxes" when we were already $5
trillion in debt. Getting distracted by side issues is one of the
Democratic party's worst contributions to enabling serious crimes.

Religion... that's always a hot button, but I'm beginning to conclude
that a large majority of voters and citizens don't much care about the
hot-button religion issues, because the relevant law doesn't really
interfere in most of our lives that much. Its just an overlay of rhetoric
and smug assumptions as to what all the "right people" think that causes
occasional flare-ups. I mean, no matter who we elect, legislators simply
don't have much jurisdiction to pass laws about religion anyway. Congress
shall pass NO law...

Siarlys

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:33:28 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
I would love to see you and my new coworker Randy go at it Siarlys. The
guy is a "recent" convert to the Democratic Party (used to be neutral)
Ever since he saw the crimes of 2K (all committed by the Republicans) he
felt he needed to side with the "good guys".
The guy knows enough to sound intelligent and deflate those he talks
to... but I wonder how much he knows if he were to go against someone who
actually KNEW what they were talking about instead of broadsiding someone
and thinking it makes him look smart. I don't mind listening to him, but
wish I had a clue so I could stand and fight.
Oh well, choose your battles and thus far he hasn't crossed the line on
religion with me yet to get my vocal.
~Lance

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies