[GCFL-discuss] Colorado

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 1 18:00:17 CST 2010

The summer when I was 17, we spend a month in Colorado, and decided to
try a short cut through McClure Pass to avoid a long detour following the
freeway. It turned out fine, except for 15 miles of gravel road hanging
over a reservoir, with no barrier on the edge to stop a car going over,
and locals zipping around the curves at high speed. With that kind of
long narrow reservoir, you know if you fall in, there is no shallow part,
its all straight down, but having survived once, we tried it twice more.
Great scenery, and it did save some time.

It was not a time you would hand someone a soda and say "watch this" when
going over the edge, because it was much more than a ditch.

I think its going a little far to say EVERYONE in Colorado wears a skirt
and shaves their legs when its 65 degrees. I bet the actual number is
less than half the population, no? OK, some men are into that these days,
but some women aren't.

I eat ice cream in winter, if its on sale at a low enough price.

Siarlys

P.S. Hey, is Lance still around? Did you qualify for unemployment and/or
find another job yet? I don't have anything full time, but I'm doing two
chess classes a week, a little courthouse records research that probably
turns into junk mail, at 25 cents a line, finally getting paid for a few
articles, making next to nothing on examiner.com, and scored 100 on the
census exam. Can't complain.