[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Economic Stimulus Payment Explained

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Mar 23 18:55:01 CDT 2010

That's exactly what I said when the stimulus came out. I called the check
my high-interet loan from the bank of China. When the plan is announced
jointly by Nancy Pelosi and George W. Bush, what else can you expect? (I
did spend it on a Toshiba laptop).

When the Economic Recovery Act was passed in 2009, there were people
where I worked at the time who were expecting another "stimulus check."
They were deeply disappointed when I mentioned that things were being
done differently. It was going to hire people in America to pay for
buildings things in America.

Siarlys

P.S. I am developing a basic rule of thumb for the 2010 elections:

A) Everybody despises congress.

B) The only people in congress despised even more than Democrats and
Republicans.

C) The worst Democrats are the committee chairs with seniority, who took
three times as long as necessary to work up a health care reform bill,
and made it three times as complex as it needed to be.

D) Republicans have already proven their senior leaders are about the
same caliber.

Ergo:

If your congress rep or senator has served twenty years or more, vote
them out, no matter what party they belong to. Others may deserve to be
voted out too, but at least those.

Am I practicing what I preach? Technically. Our senator up for
re-election this year is a rare gem, and he's served three terms (18
years). I'd like to vote for him one more time, but by 2016, he should
either be retiring or running for president.

My congress rep has only had three terms, and she's worth five or seven
more. But they guy north of us, he should be voted out, also the guy to
the south of us, Paul Ryan, author of the Incredible Shrinking Voucher
Plan aka Death Panels by Degrees.
Hotel
Hotel pics, info and virtual tours.  Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=my2zlr4AW2y4b5BYomCs-AAAJ1BHq-n90fbwxV_Gpa0vlNrMAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=