[GCFL-discuss] Ever wonder...?

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jan 5 22:26:23 CST 2011

Some of these are old, some are new to me and are actually funny and
some are serious questions that deserve serious answers.
See below

Thank you, Jeanene

greenBubble

________________________________

Subject: [GCFL-discuss] Ever wonder...?

For your enjoyment.
Jeanene

6.   If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from
Holland called Holes?
 this would be a  valid question if Holland was pronounced with a long
"o".  but it's not.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*
10. Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?
 this is a good question, and has frustrated many "learning disabled"
students.  when i was in grad school for elementary ed., we were taught
that some students would benefit if they were taught to refer to those
numbers as tenty-one, tenty-two, ..., tenty-nine, twenty.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

18.  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are
the others here for?
G-d puts the others (i.e., those who cannot do for themselves) here to
give us the opportunity to emulate Him.

23. Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?
H stands for hemorrhoids.

24. At income tax time, did you ever notice: When you put the two words
'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'THEIRS'?
 Under "Jewish Civil Law" (for lack of a better term) possession implies
ownership and the burden of proof is on the other guy.  when it comes to
taxes, the authority is considered in possession, and the taxpayer must
prove that he does NOT owe it.  the irs takes the same position.