[GCFL-discuss] [GCFL.net] Crazy Thoughts

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu May 8 11:40:58 CDT 2014

As long as Siarlys started, I will continue answering some of these questions.  See below.

greenBubble

Subject: [GCFL.net] Crazy Thoughts

[http://www.gcfl.net/images/gcfl-logo-email.jpg]
Crazy Thoughts

~ How do you throw away a garbage can
You put it in a bigger garbage can.  Or a dumpster.

~ Why are buttons on guys' shirts on a different side than girls' shirts?
Men were expected to button their own shirts, and most men are right-handed, so the buttons are on the right side.
Women were expected to have others button their clothes, so the buttons are on the right side of the person facing her.
Did you ever see a man's garment with the zipper in the back?

~ What does the K in K-mart actually stand for?

I don't know about the other "Why" lines, but the K in K-Mart stands for Kresge.

Kresge's five and dime store, a competitor of the old downtown five and dime Woolworth stores, saw the writing on the wall and opened K-Mart as the big box quasi-suburban subsidiary that would stay in the market while the old Kresge's stores were shut down.

Why isn't there a W-Mart? That I don't know, but it looks so much like Wal-Mart that it might be very confusing.

Thank you Siarlys

~ Why don't you hear thunder with heat lightning?
I may be wrong, but I think so-called heat lightning is actually a reflection of lightning far away - too far away for the thunder to reach.

Received from Ken Shartle.

--

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation