[willowbrook] RE: update on Connie

Taylor, Doug douglas.taylor at intergraph.com
Wed Jun 9 11:13:40 CDT 2004

There was a chance Connie might've come home today, but it's not going to
happen.  She had a fever last night of 101.5 and the doctor wants the fever
cleared up before sending her home.  He is changing the antibiotics.

They will be doing more blood work today, too.  Her blood counts are down so
they will be giving her a transfusion today (I think he mentioned a couple
of pints).

The potassium is still low, but gradually climbing.  They're still adding
the potassium via pills instead of IV.

She can eat anything she wants now.  She had eggs, grits, biscuit, & OJ for
breakfast though she could only eat about half.  We also walked a couple
times around the 7th floor this morning.  Her bowels are slowly adjusting to
the regular food.

I'm afraid it's still not a good idea for her to have visitors, though she
is getting very bored and lonely.  I usually stay with her all evening after
work.

Overall, she seems to be "moving in the right direction, 3 steps forward and
1 step backwards".  We'll just keep praying that the infection (wherever it
is) is dealt with quickly and doesn't cause any damage.

My mom is still here and Connie's sister will be coming from NC this weekend
to help out while my mom heads back to Knoxville for a week.

Y'all have been great support.  I print out any emails she gets and take
them to her when I visit.

Doug