[willowbrook] Prayer Requests from Maroneys

Lometa Stagg lsstagg at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 20:00:05 CDT 2004

Eric & Julie Maroney are the current residents in the Fish House.  Pray for us as we finish up packing and preparing to go.  Our crates were approved to leave Huntsville last week.  We are hoping to see them again in late July.  The kids are really looking forward to VBS, pray that they will have a blast.

Pray for all of us as we travel back to Croatia.  We have the worst schedule we have ever had! Remember us on June 19-20, as follows: June 19th Huntsville to Chicago 10 AM;  June 19th Chicago to Frankfurt 6  PM; June 20th Frankfurt to Zagreb 4PM  (9am Huntsville time); June 20th Zagreb to Split 11PM  (4 Pm Huntsville time) We will make it to our home about 1 am.  We are absolutely dreading it.

We will be traveling to our annual mission meeting in Athens, Greece June 24th- July 4th.  We have to fly out of Budapest on the 24th so we will probably leave Split on the 22nd, for the two day drive to Budapest, and then return to Split sometime on the 5th.  This is not great timing for us, we will still be worn out!  Our kids love this week, they will get another round of VBS and play with all of their MK friends.  They usually talk about it for months afterwards.

We have got to get both kids registered for school during this tight window of June 21-23.  Julie talked both with the elementary and preschools before we left, but this could mean absolutely nothing!  Pray that they remember us and that we get everything taken care of. Nathan will have to do some testing to be admitted.  They track the kids into classes based on their performance during these tests.  He should do fine academically but has forgotten so much of the language.  Hopefully they will let us translate or allow someone to give him some cues, or let us wait to do the testing in August when he is readjusted.  He will pick it back up quickly. Pray for all of us during this readjustment.  Pray that we would remember the language quickly.  Pray especially for the kids and their language acquisition.

Pray for us as we try to arrange for some repair work on our home in Split.  Our contact there said that there were some bad water leaks this winter in one of the bedrooms and in the living room.  This means we probably have a huge mold problem happening.  Kayleigh is highly allergic to mold and this will be bad for her.  We have been vigilant in getting her allergies under control while we are here, and hate to have problems there right off the bat.  Hopefully we can take care of it quickly. Also a contractor was in last week to see about installing air conditioning in the rest of the house, right now only half the house is completed.  If this gets done it will be the best summer ever!!! Continue to pray for the work in Croatia.

Our three agricultural projects are going well and our coworkers in Split are working to have the fourth up and running when we return.  Eric is obviously looking forward to seeing everyone again and to get back to work. Pray for our two scheduled volunteer teams in July and August. Pray that they would have a great time and that they would be highly effective.  Also pray for our dental and medical clinics planned for September, that we could nail down some volunteers and make definite plans. Pray for our partnerships with some churches in Ohio.  We have never met these folks but they are offering to raise money for our agricultural work throughout the month of June. Pray that people would give as they feel led!

Pray for our visa situation-we are hearing rumblings from our coworkers about troubles with renewal.  We have a 6 year working relationship with the police station in our town, hopefully we will be free and clear.

Continue to pray for Julie's dad as he investigates treatment options for his cancer.

Julie and Eric Maroney