[willowbrook] Charles cook

ccwheeless at comcast.net ccwheeless at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 11:00:07 CST 2004

Family and Friends,

You may have heard that dad was in the hospital last week in Birmingham.  He is home now and is doing somewhat better.  They have sent him home with the nutritional bags (TPN) to run every other 12 hours.  His is suffering from much edema in the lower half of his body.  The last word I have is the his protein levels need to be higher.  His albumin is very low, but with the GRADUAL raising of the protein it should increase to a normal level.  Until this happens the edema  will continue and is very painful.  He has about 10 pounds of fluid I would guess.  He has appointments with both Dr. Nichols and Dr. Teague on Thursday.  Dr. Teague is approaching this from a nutritional standpoint this time.  He is a new Dr. for dad, and he seems to know what he needs nutritionally.  He was absolutely malnourished before he went in due to the Diarrhea and nausea.  He is still very emotional.  He broke down his first day home.  He wants so bad to be well. He prays each day for the strength to endure.

Pray for my mom to give her the strength to continue to take care of my dad.  It is most demanding at times(the illness and dad!)  She has taken very good care of him so far, but she is very tired physically and emotionally.

thanks you so much for your phone calls and prayers.  They mean so much to me and my family.  I love you all.

Christi Cook Wheeless